Thank you all for an amazing 2015!
After a busy holiday season, we are taking a minute to reflect back on the year and wanted to share our gratitude with you all! We realize that we had many successes, picked ourselves up during our struggles, and drank more coffee than we'd like to admit. Shout out to Tim Horton's, Java Moose, Second Cup, and all the random gas stations for all of the caffeine throughout the year :) We thought we'd give you all a "highlight reel" of the things you helped us accomplish and the things that are most memorable. We couldn't have done any of the following without all of you so...here goes....(drum roll.......)
- We were thrilled to receive an ECMA nomination for folk/roots album of the year and get to travel to St. John's Newfoundland. Yes, we got screeched in while in Newfoundland :)
- We still can't believe we got a whopping SIX Music/Musique New Brunswick nominations and took home THREE wins for group recording of the year, folk artist of the year, and SOCAN Song of the Year. The whole weekend was so positive and it was very apparent how our province is oozing with talent as well as support for said talent oozing.
- One of the best parts of being a musician – all the music! We got so inspired by sharing stages with fellow musicians and friends like The Backyard Devils, Old Man Leudecke, Coco Love Alcorn, Ian Sherwood, Ashley Condon, Breabach, and Kat McLevey. Have you all heard all of them? You need to. Like...since you're making new years resolutions, right?
- We had a busy summer too. Summer = festival season! Thank you to everyone that included us in your line ups! Shout outs to In the Dead of Winter, Festival of Small Halls, Harvest Jazz and Blues, Neely G, and Larlee Creek Hullabaloo! Thank you for having us!
- When Jeff Reilly (producer of East Coast Music Hour) invited us to host the show for two weeks while David Myles was on tour, we pinched ourselves! Thank you so much for tuning in.
- We got to be on TV – twice! Before heading to St. John's, we were guests on CTV Atlantic Morning Live and while in NL, we filmed for CBC's Heavy Weather Volume 4, which featured Maritime artists. That whole experience was amazing. It takes so many people to make tv stuff happen. And all of those people were seriously amazing.
- We played over 60 shows and showcases that took us to all the Atlantic provinces from Saint Andrews, NB to St. Johns, Newfoundland and everywhere in between. We flew on airplanes, drove all over Eastern Canada, took a ferry, and had a tour in Nova Scotia. To all of those who attended or supported our shows – thank you!!!
Cheers to making even more music in 2016! We are currently working on our upcoming album to be released THIS spring! We got to preview all of the new music
live at a sold out house concert right here in our studio and can't wait to get the album into your hands.
Extra hugs to our manager, Chuck Teed, and John's parents - Debbie and Wayne. It really does take a village. Go team!
So that's a wrap for 2015! Check out our Tour page to see where we're headed next...shows have been announced in New Brunswick, Halifax, PEI, and Quebec! Hope to connect and cross paths with you all in the coming months! Thank you again for all of your support. It means the world.
John & Lisa